Our approach to professional learning
You can benefit from Anita’s expertise in any way you choose. From her new ChinLEAD series of maths leadership courses, to ChinUP after-school events open to anyone, to one-day conferences, to hands-on parent workshops, and tailored whole-staff PL at your school including her famous in-class demonstration lessons.
Ticketed open events for small teams of teachers and leaders from any school:
- ChinUP 2-hour after-school events (small teams of up to 8)
- ChinLEAD series for your maths leadership team (small teams of up to 6)
- Primary Mathematics 4th Annual Conference (small teams of up to 8)
Tailored professional learning at your school for your whole staff:
- after-school PL (2 or 3-hours)
- whole-day PL (5-hours)
- whole-day dem lessons (3 x 90-min team sessions)
Online courses for your whole staff:
- online learning whole-school long courses (6 to 9 months)
Anita Chin Mathematics Consultancy is endorsed to provide NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Registered Professional Development for teachers accredited at Proficient Teacher.
Different options to suit your PL needs
Kick-starting your school’s professional learning journey
Are you a maths leader, instructional leader, curriculum coordinator, principal, or consultant? Use our tips below to kick-start a conversation with your leadership team about how Anita can help you transform maths at your school.
- Identify which type of PL best suits your learning time frame and school budget
- Consider which focus area best meets your school’s identified area of improvement
- For tailored PL at your school, check our availability for the dates you have in mind
- Contact us to discuss a tailored professional learning plan by completing the contact form.
A tailored professional learning plan
In order to make a lasting impact, professional learning needs to be delivered across a whole school in a planned and structured way. As your learning partner and change agent, Anita will work with you to design a one-year strategic learning plan that supports your school’s target areas for improvement.
Your engagement with Anita starts with a conversation between her and your relevant school leader, to:
- Understand your school’s context and learning journey to date
- Discuss your goals for the school, teachers and students
- Determine the needs of both your educators and students
- Identify the current challenges at your school
- Create a tailored professional learning plan for your school.
Large-scale regional projects
Anita Chin Mathematics Consultancy also works on large-scale projects with Regional Consultants from both Catholic and Independent school sectors, collaborating to design and deliver professional learning to all schools within a region.