Next primary mathematics conference
Connecting Big Ideas in Maths:
What, Why and How?
Friday 22 June 2018 | The Epping Club, Sydney
Ready to fall in love with primary mathematics?
Imagine teaching primary mathematics with confidence and flair, and watching your students develop lifelong mathematical knowledge and excelling at primary school and beyond.
Anita Chin takes primary teachers on a journey of discovery, transforming them into confident, inspired mathematics educators, and helping to build the next generation of deep mathematical thinkers.
She supports and inspires primary teachers through tailored workshops, demonstration lessons, team-based conferences and whole-school online learning.
Anita is on a mission to create a generation of confident, inspired mathematicians.
You can benefit from Anita’s expertise in any way you choose. From tailored, on-site maths PL whole days, to short and sharp after-school maths workshops, to parent maths workshops, to primary mathematics conferences and online maths courses for whole schools.
All Anita Chin Mathematics training is NESA Registered PD towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Explore the best option for your school
Anita Chin Conferences and Speaking Engagements
Anita Chin’s primary mathematics conferences are a fantastic opportunity to learn with your school team from the best and develop a whole-school approach to primary mathematics. Anita is also invited to speak at other conferences.
Anita Chin will be presenting two 60-minute hands-on workshops
- Workshop: Problem Posing and Problem Solving: Number K-2
- Workshop: Problem Posing and Problem Solving: Measurement Y3-6
Theme: Connecting Big Ideas in Maths: What, Why and How?
- Audience: K-6. Heads of Curriculum, Deputy/Assistant Principals, Instructional Leaders, Numeracy/Mathematics Coordinators, classroom teachers
- Cost (Teams): $330 per person (early bird); $370 per person (after 13 April 2018)
- Cost (Individuals): $350 per person (early bird); $390 per person (after 13 April 2018)
- PD hours (NESA accredited): 5 hours
- Standards: 2.5.2, 6.2.2, 6.3.2, 6.4.2
- Ticket sales: Now open. Close Friday 1 June (Term 2, wk 5)
- Website: https://connectingmaths2018.com.au/
- Presenters: Anita Chin & Tim Waugh
Save the date!Find out more »
Tip: Teaching directly from the online NSW Mathematics K-10 Syllabus
Did you know that you can annotate over the syllabus, using free software that most of us already have installed on our IWBs? Watch Anita demonstrate how, and get ready to transform your primary mathematics teaching!
Whether you’re looking for mathematics blackline masters, primary mathematics printable resources, mathematical language word walls, or inspiring ways to use hands-on equipment, our Resources section probably has it! Plus you can search by curriculum substrands, resource type and year level!