ChinUP professional learning events are two-hour after school PL workshops, hosted by primary schools across NSW and ACT. They are designed for teams of up to eight educators and are open to all teachers, from any sector and any school.
- Gain practical tips and strategies to improve teaching and learning outcomes at your school
- Enjoy hands-on workshops using whole-class resources, ready for use the very next day
- Top up your content knowledge and enjoy an afternoon connecting with your peers
- Build capacity in your school’s maths leadership team
- An opportunity for new teachers to your school to catch up with areas of your school’s learning journey.
So many topics to choose from
Choose from over 30 courses, developed and delivered by Anita Chin Mathematics Consultancy and presented by either Anita Chin or Tim Waugh. ChinUPs cover some of the most current and important primary mathematics focus areas:
- Planning for Teaching and Learning Mathematics
- Building Teachers’ Content Knowledge
- Teaching Primary Mathematics Effectively
- A Whole-School Approach to Differentiation
- A Whole-School Approach to Using Concrete Materials
- Daily Number Sense Routines
- Problem Solving
- Assessment For Learning
All Anita Chin Mathematics Consultancy ChinUP courses will contribute 2 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing 2.5.2 and 6.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Want to find a ChinUP happening near you?
Check out our current events listed below.
ChinUP after-school event | Northern Sydney | T1, wk 9Topic: Creating Units of Work for Your Maths Teaching Program, K–6
Venue: Ryde East Public School
Presented by: Emma Campbell - Mathematics Education Consultant, Maths Master Class
Online 'grab and go' tickets: close Friday 15/3/19 (T1, wk 7)
Want to host a ChinUP at your school?
- the list of topics
- where presenters are available
- information for Host Schools. Note: each host school gets 3 free tickets and exclusive access to pre-sale tickets for their network of schools.